Friday, December 23, 2011

Farewell

This post is specially dedicated to my loyal, obedient dog, Ah Bi

Dear Ah Bi,

I still remember how you became my pet. It was a few days or a few weeks after we moved to our new house. You were there among the grass. Always poking your cute head out from among the tall grass. I noticed you & I thought you were simply adorable!! From that day onwards, I always walk outside and give you food. Your favourite of all was chicken bones. You were talented in eating chicken bones. You ate carefully, chewed the insides of the bone first then later spit out the sharp edges. People say, don't feed bones to your dog. But you were a pro at eating bones! You also happen to be a survivor, you fell sick a couple of times and had a few near death experience yet you fought really hard to stay alive.

I remember how you like people to pet your head, How you Love people scratching behind your ear. :)

I remember the way you always come and wag your tail to greet us when we reach home. I love the way you do that. I was really sad you weren't there to do that today. I miss you already :(

I remember how you bit the Meter Reader cause you thought he was going to hurt your puppies. And dad had to send him to the clinic for a shot.

I remember those three puppies you first had! Oh gosh they were so cute!! And some of them looks like you. I remember how excited and happy I was. It was amazing. :)

I'm sorry we had to put you to sleep. You were suffering way too much. I guess we just can't bear to see you suffer much longer. It is time for you to go to a better place. I wish I'm there to send you off. But I know, I don't think I can handle it. I might even stop the doctor from putting you to sleep. When I heard what my dad said on the phone when I woke up this morning, I hoped that I was just having a nightmare. I even went back to sleep hoping it really was a nightmare. Unfortunately, it wasn't! :(

I want you to know that you've been amazing. For 13 years I've had you as my pet, I shall always, always remember how special you were to me. It is very surprising that I didn't cry yet. Perhaps part of me don't want to accept it or perhaps realization just hasn't sink in yet. Or Perhaps it is because I knew that you are no longer suffering. Whichever reason it is, I want you to know that no matter what, I will always love you.

Thank you Ah Bi for being my faithful, loving dog, I love you very much and you will be missed.

No comments: