Friday, June 4, 2010

An experience

Today for the first time ever, I waited for an hour to eat a bowl of Kolok Mee called The Next Coffee Shop located at Carpenter Street. Actually I'm not sure if that's the name of the place. I just remember seeing that signboard. I tried to search for this famous Coffee Shop online but I can't seem to find it. :S I think that perhaps it's called Min Joo Cafe originally since that's the only name I can find online and the food look very much like the food that I've eaten at The Next Coffee Shop. It's a green signboard. You won't miss it if you look carefully.

*update* lol, I just found out that yes, that was the original name and that they've actually moved to the next coffee shop. The new shop name is called 'the next coffee shop' lol. pun intended. XD

Anyways, well, Steph was curious to find out why is it that people are willing to wait for an hour for that Bowl of Kolok Mee with a bowl of mixed pork 'inner parts'. I must admit that I was rather curious myself. The worse part is that when we sit down, we have to wait to be served. Even if we call the people to order the drinks and food, they will ask you to wait for a while. I think my dad will hate it there since he always have the 'customers' right' rule. To be honest, I think I might have gotten that habit too.

We arrived there at about 7.40am. Waited to be seated and 10 minutes later, we finally shared a table with an old man who apparently, I think is a very regular customer of the coffee shop. He's probably there at 6 something already to grab a seat. Food finally arrived at 8.45am like that. We only ordered two bowls of noodle and a huge bowl of mixed pork soup and shared those among 3 of us, Sally, me and Steph.

So what's my review? Indeed the noodle was really special and was cooked to perfection and when I say perfection, I meant it. It's nor too cooked or under cooked. But sadly, it was really salty. T_T I hardly finish half a bowl. I ended up not finishing it and gave half of it to Sally. The soup was salty too, since I think it contains salted vegetable or kiam chai. I enjoyed eating the pork liver though. It was yummy. :) If it wasn't salty, I would give it a 4/5 rating. Since it's a bit too salty for me, I'm just going to give it a rating of 3/5.

Ok that's all I'm going to write. I just decide to blog about it (which is why there's no picture of the food. :X) cos I've never had an experience like that before.

No comments: