Tuesday, June 28, 2011

In a blink of an eye

In a blink of an eye, time pasts faster than we know it, faster than we want it to.

In a blink of an eye, we are sucked into the adult world.

In a blink of an eye, we worry about our future, what will become of us, what will happen.

In a blink of an eye, we realised our parents are getting older and it's time for us to act and be more grown up than before.

In a blink of an eye, a lot of things happen around me and makes me wonder why it happens. Yet, it makes all the changes in me. It has in fact, made me stronger. I need to be stronger to take care of my parents, to take care of my brother.

In a blink of an eye, I would graduate soon and see what awaits in the days/months/years ahead.

In a blink of an eye, I would see the world differently than how I see it before I graduate.

In a blink of an eye, I find myself growing up and wishing it would stop because adulthood is so much more harder than I've ever imagine. I have not even finish my University Life yet I felt that I should be an adult now. And yes, albeit the fact that I AM an adult already since I've in University now.

In a blink of an eye, I would be making serious, drastic, life changing decisions.

Am I ready for these? Honestly the thoughts scares me. Every piece of my bone, every piece of my organs - I'm scared. Every single part of me.

The responsibility as a elder sister to my brother, the responsibility as a sister, the responsibility as a daughter, a responsibility as a friend and if there's a possibility, the responsibility as a girlfriend/wife - Am I ready for all these?

Am
I
ready?

2 comments:

Mad Maureen said...

Wow, you're not the only one with all those questions.. I have that questions in my head too, especially this moment.

I think you're ready when you're ready... Sometimes, the readiness would come naturally(?) when you're facing the circumstances right before your eyes.

Being scared is normal, and worried about the future is the first step to planning it. (teori hentam :S )


Anyway, I pray that you will live your dream future. Time flies, and I hope you would make full use of it (don't be like me~! huhu)

Petite Amanda said...

yea lo.. very scary questions hor?? :( dont know how to answer them all. it's true what you say : " think you're ready when you're ready... Sometimes, the readiness would come naturally(?) when you're facing the circumstances right before your eyes. "

we only know how to handle if it it happens.. sigh.

thanks mau!! hope you achieve ur dreams as well! <3