Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Happy Chinese New Year! ( Year of the Cow)

It's that time of the year again. Chinese New Year. The time of the year where we will eat non-stop. I ate so much this year I think I'm going to gain more than 10kg. Ok-ok, I'm exaggerating. Maybe just 5kg then. I think I will blog about what happened so far. We all went to Kuching to celebrate CNY. Cos grandma's there & Dad wanna celebrate with her. We went to Kuching on CNY eve.


View from the airplane. Nice or not? Like cotton balls in the sky. Pretty~ The river looks like a snake.

Stopped by Grandma's place for lunch then went to my hostel to drop some stuff there.( just my new bedsheets actually. lol.) After that went shopping at The Spring. I didn't buy anything at all there. Didn't see anything that I fancy. Only Bro and Dad bought few CNY clothes.

The decor at The Spring.

Hahaha. Got tau keh nio in my pic. =X I just realized only.

So anyways, we had Chinese New Year eve dinner at Grand Margherita. I know this hotel name doesn't sound familiar. Well, that's cos Grand Margherita is actually Holiday Inn. lol. They have new name already. I don't know why though. New management or something? Or maybe they thought changing the name of the hotel will be more.. urm. glamourous? Remember Crowne Plaza? It's now called Riverside Majestic. All the posh and sophisticated kind of names. I won't say that's exactly how it looks like in the hotel itself, but these are pretty good hotels in Kuching.

Ok, back to dinner at Grand Margherita. We were actually supposed to have dinner at Grandma's but we went to evening mass so since we will be late for dinner there, my Dad decide not to go to Grandma's house for dinner. ( hahaha. I'm being loso again. Don't have to say this but i say also. :P) Dinner at Grand Margherita was great. I loved the food there. Buffet style btw which means.. I ate so much I feel all queasy and sleepy after that.

Lion dance performance during the dinner at Grand Margherita.

Something rather amusing happened to me during the new year eve dinner. Here's wat happened:

*waiter comes over to table to re-fill our glass.* I waved at him to re-fill my glass too. In case he thought I don't want any more water and that time i really, really want some water. lol. So anyways, he saw me and then he winked at me. he winked at me!

O_____O" o-kay.. I thought i saw wrong, you know.. But then.. he smiled at me after that. Macam want to show to me that he actually did wink at me. double =__=" I was shocked. I just pretended i didn't see anything and smiled back only, haha. I said it was amusing cos well, it's odd that people would actually do that to me. *coughs* It was just very unbelievable.
( P.s: No, Diana. Daddy didn't see him do that. He was too busy looking at the Lion Dance Performance. *phew* )



Scenery from the place where we had our new year eve dinner. =)

Then 1st day of CNY, went to Grandma's house. Helped around for a while then went to my dad's friend house. Sat there for about 2 to 3 hours. Lol. Dad busy chit-chatting with his friend.
Later at nite, did a little bit of cam-whoring at the hotel. Nice decor ma.. Must cam-whore a bit rite? *laughs* And also cos Mau asked me to take pic of my CNY outfit. lol. I told her I will only take pic of my CNY outfit if she does that too. (hoping that she didn't do that but instead she did so i have to do so too. cis..)


The decor in Grand Margherita (Girl in pic is not the decor yea. hehe.)


This is me doing the stupid 'peace sign' pose.

I want to try do more silly poses now that I'm 21. lol. It was kind of embarrassing for me since I don't do poses like that. Feel so... ee yer. I oso dono how to explain how i felt that time. But i did it anyways so don laugh at me ok? or else next time i don't want to do anymore poses. And i look so short in this pic. T__T

Don't know what caption to put here.


Mum wanted to take my pic with the chinese word as my background. So I let her do that la. hehe..

Ok, i know by now u must be tired of seeing me in this blog post already so i promise this will be the last picture. :)


In front of the cafe/restaurant of Grand Margherita hotel. Pic kinda blur.

2nd day of CNY

Arrived in Sibu in the morning then went back to put our luggages in the house then went and visitted my dad's friends. Uncle Wee Hui Chew and Uncle Roger Ong. They are not really my uncles la. But called them that out of respect of course. I came home and took a nice lovely nap after that. tee hee~ so tired.

At nite, me and my family went to Cafe Cafe for dinner. The food there are delicious but seriously, the portion is too big!!!!

Mee Mamak. (RM 8.50) Trust me, it's really a lot. this picture doesn't show that but it really is. I'm not good at taking pictures so sorry ya. That's the best pic I can take of the Mee Mamak.

But that isn't the biggest portion of food that night. Have a look at the Chau Chai Hung Ngang. ( Chau Chai is sort of like a preserved vegetable made into soup. Hung Ngang is the name of the Bee Hoon used. Sorry yea. Kinda odd translation so if it's wrong help me correct okie?)



*laughs* Big or not?!? It costs RM11.50 for this bowl. Kinda cheap compared to the other food they have there. This is ideal for 2 to 3 persons. But on the Menu, it doesn't say that. They should do that, ok? Cos my mum and my dad both ordered that. End up i have to tapao my Mee Mamak and help my parents eat the Hung Ngang instead. My bro had fish & chips. I didn't take pic of it. Lazy. lol.
And so many people walk pass that time so I'm much too 'paiseh' to take pic of it.

oh yea. this is a pic of the decor in Cafe Cafe. I think it's nice cos instead of using laterns as the decor, they use little fans. so cute wor.. :D ( hehe. oops. dad's in the pic. the one wearing glasses la. not the one in black of cos.)



Okie. finally, finish blogging already. Now i can finally
chat properly with my friends on e-buddy. :D


Posted at: 1.54am ( took me 2 hours to complete this. )




5 comments:

Maureen's Heart said...

Hehe.. Ada, an affair with the waiter in Kuching, huh...jk. jk. hehehe..(does he look like the lead character in a movie? In short, is he handsome?)Haha.. He thinks that by winking, he can lessen your thirst, kot.. (pun intended)

Ok, enuf about the waiter.. now nice new year clothes.. hehe.. and nice dishes you have at cafe cafe there.. And nice decor there.. the fans.. romantic wor..

Petite Amanda said...

lol. don care about the waiter la.

concentrate on my CNY clothes better la.... hahaha..

yup yup. diff n nice decor. :)

Petite Amanda said...

hm... uh actually, forgot his look already.. hahaha. but i think it's jz normal look eh.. if it's v handsome de sure will rmbr oso. but now i 4got dy.

snowroses said...

Hello there Ms Petite, thanks for adding me to your follow list. Sweet blog u have here. Happy CNY! =)

Petite Amanda said...

Hi Faerykin~ no probs :D i love love love ur blog. especially kittykins and friends :DDDDD