Thursday, February 19, 2009

I have Height Issues

I'll just get to the point. My height is about 143cm. That's super duper short for a 21 year old. So anyways, I don't like being short because I have my reasons so please respect the fact that we as humans sometimes have some part of our body that we dislike and it's not that we blame God for it and I for one certainly would never, ever blame God for it. I think my body just didn't have sufficient nutrition that I needed like say, Protein when I was little because of certain personal health reasons and that is I can't consume too much Protein at one go. Right so anyways, sometimes when I'm bored and I've got nothing to do a.k.a. chiak pa eng I will remember little bits and pieces of my life. Either it's something that makes me feel happy, sad or angry.

I'm going to share with you some experiences that I had in Uni about this Height Issues thingy. It actually happened to me twice at the same place some more -___- Anyways, I was in the lift crowded with so many tall Uni students and there's this tall guy in the lift ( actually he's not so tall. He's so short for a guy. OK actually no, he's tall but whatever la, that's not the point and ok, I admit i'm still pissed at him and I don't remember how he looks like though. Thank God cos if I do, I will feel like slapping him every time I see him) So anyways, he was with his other friends, girls and guys I think, in the lift. He was actually snickering at my height in mandarin. =_= WTH?! Think I don't understand is it... Stupid. I'm chinese, you bloody bastard! I was seriously pissed at him but I just kept quiet. Thinking about it again, I think I should have said this to him:

" Oh hello. I didn't see you there. Gosh, you're awfully short for a guy. I think you better look in the mirror first before you sneer and laugh at others height."And then just for an added effect, I'll call him stupid in mandarin. But sadly I didn't exactly did that. I wished I stood up for myself there and then but sometimes, we just have to be patient.

Another time was when I went back to Uni for my accounting re-sit. I was going up to KN 8.13 in the lift which was seriously crowded. And this time, kena laughed by girls. GIRLS!!?!?! Gosh! And here I thought girls should be more polite. Some more they laugh loudly. Double WTH! =__= Well, ok I'm not exactly sure they were laughing at me cos throughout that horrible ordeal I just hung my head in total embarrassment. But I'm 80% sure there were laughing at me. And that's cos they are tall also. haih. There really are some stupid and brainless people in the world. And that time I was in no mood to snap at people either cos I was feeling really sick & tired & nervous about the accounting re-sit.

Those were the bad memories of being short that I can remember in Uni.

Oh and there's this sort of good and bad memory about being short too. I was trying to reach this bottle of drinking water at the cafeteria before going to the Accounting re-sit and I really don't know why on earth they have to put the drinking water up so high. =_= sien. I was really thirsty that time that I don't care that the fact that I can feel people's eyes on me while i tried to reach for bottle of the drinking water. So anyways, a really nice guy who was sitting at the table nearby obviously saw my stupid attempt of reaching the drinking water, and he came over to take one for me. I gave him a really grateful smile and thanked him. So in a way, the bad memory is that I embarrassed myself by doing silly thing like that and good memory is that a good person helped me. AWww.. so nice. =D Oh and the guy wasn't that tall but moderately tall and no, I'm not teasing his height but my point is, he has a good heart and that guy in the lift and those girls should learn from him and that height isn't everything. Important thing is that you must have good heart.

I have some perks about being short though. Like for example, I get cheaper prices when going for buffet at hotels or restaurants. They tend to think I'm a still a kid. :P hahaha.. What else.. Oh yea. People tend to think that my brother is the older one. *coughs* I look young don't I? :P Oh I'm just talking crap, actually i know they just judge people's age by looking at our height but whatever I'm just trying to add something to 'list-of-perks-about-being-short'. Oh also, short also means I'm cute. :) I know I'm not pretty but I know that I don't have to try hard to act cute/be cute cos I know I'm cute already cos of my height. lol. I'm so silly -_-||| Urm, so far these are the only perks that I know of. Next time I hope I can add some more to the list. hehe.

Important note: I don't hate tall people ok? In fact, I like to see and admire tall people. Hey,even my best friends are tall! I just don't like tall people who like to sneer at short people. Oh and I guess I wouldn't mind you teasing me about my height if I know you well enough. Unless you're a total stranger to me then.. dum dum dum~~

Ok, time to play Pet Society now. :D

-_______________________- drat. Pet Society under maintenance. pfft!

6 comments:

Aiyishelelu said...

Amanda, do not care about the height. if u drink milk sometime or play basketball, it will make u grow tall more. or if u are too thin, it can also have grow tall.

Don't get sad/hurt yourself whenever brainless ppls talked about your height front of u or sth. Let them be, one day they get married and given birth to baby as their child will be short will be end like yours in return (pay back)as God punish them for their future :)

Clare is so tall than me, I am tall than Maureen. haha so funny. but we are nice friends. :) in my company got one lady cleaner who is same height like yours. she is married & got children le.

Hehe, Cherr up, bravo girl! ;)

Aiyishelelu said...

when u are young at 8 to 18 yrs old, u should play basketball, swimming, drink milk and if u are too thin, can be grow tall like clare's height or like 160-165cm tall enough for girls.

but too late u are present 21 yrs old already stopped grow tall from age of 18. still stay height.

my bro's height was 168 when he was finished Form 5, then went to NZ for start Uni very earlier at his aged 17. since he was in NZ once for 3 yrs time, he had start drink "fat milk" more every morning or evening four times a week (he never drink milk in Malaysia b4).And he also wore thin clothes when cold winter as usually as he slept late and wake up late. Cold winter made him got tall fast. he was fast grow tall to be 178cm before 18 yrs old his height has stop grow. lucky him. hehe

For me, when I was skinny and thin at aged 16 and 150cm was very naughty and active girl. Until 17 yrs old, I played jumping-rope, ride bicycle & swimming until 18 yrs stop grow tall at 155cm-157cm (i dont remember) lol.

And how about u, Maureen & Clare? hehehe ^^v

Maureen's Heart said...

La, actually wana comment last night but that stupid internet line just went off.. Ok, Sis Nancy.. Thanks for inviting for our opinion too.. lol.. well, first of all, I think that the guys and gals in the lift are dumbasses.. (mind my language, hehe)they think they are so perfect? heh! tolonglah.. first, they are not as pretty and smart like us.. (ahem..) They are airheads.. That's y their heads can grow upwards easier than us shorter ones who have compact brains and thus, our brains are heavy.. that's y can't be as tall, lo.. hehe..
this fact are proven in movies and cartoons too.. that's the rational why the boss in movies are always shorter than the two big dummies standing besides the boss.. and remember Pinky and the Brain cartoon? Brain is shorter than Pinky (the brainless one).. Well, i am not discriminating the talls here ya..oh, don't get me wrong. I am not discriminating the tall people. I am just discriminating those short people who tak sedar diri and think they are tall, and at the same time, ada hati wana laugh at others who are shorter a bit.. hehe.. i am just giving speech so that the shorter ones won't feel that rendah diri.. hehe.. by the way, being short is becoming a trend now.. Y? The Americans call their girls "Shortie".. hehe.. There are advantages being short too, i guess.. ;)

Petite Amanda said...

Ling, LOL. thanks for the advices.. but urm yea. too late to grow now. wen i was young i only play tennis. and that was only for a year or two only.. lol. and some more i didn't play much. more like just hang around the tennis court only. LOL! i hope the person who poke fun at my height don read my blog la. Later see ur comment abt their children being short in the future they angry le.. Urm, I'm not angry at them till like that la. But thanks for taking my side tho. :P

Maureen, yea.. I rmbr pinky and the brain.. hahaha.. i don tink i owes watch that cartoon masa kecil but yea.. one short n one tall. hehe.. oh, thx for ur support.. lol. and they are also my thoughts exactly.. :D

Maureen's Heart said...

Amanda, don't worry.. Those people who laughed at you, i think they wont be so smart to find out they are the ones being mentioned in your blog.. LOL..

Petite Amanda said...

LOL~~ okay okay. i believe i feel much better now. :P